Hi,
I'm having some new troubles pulling information out of a MySQL database.
The page I'm currently working on has a simple form, that asks the user to
select a month and year from two dropdown menu's then forwards their
choices on to a new page which displays community events for the chosen
month and year. This all works great.

However, this new page that displays the community events along with their
date allows the user to click on the name of the event for a more detailed
list (location, time, description, etc) - this is the part that isn't working.
The problem seems to be that the script forgets the previously chosen month
and year when it goes to display the event in greater detail.

How can I get the script to remember the month and year so it will display
the proper information? My immediate thought is a cookie, but I have no
idea how to do this ... can anyone offer any other suggestions, or if a
cookie is the way to go - can someone point me in the right direction?

The site is hosted on a Sun Solaris box with PHP 3.0.16 and MySQL 3.23.31

Thanks