I had been under the impression that one could extend a class only once.
That is, if I extend class A with class B I would then not be able to
extend B again with any other class.

See: http://www.php.net/manual/en/keyword.extends.php
"An extended class is always dependent on a single base class, that is,
multiple inheritance is not supported. Classes are extended using the
keyword 'extends'."

With some testing however, it appears that I can extend class B with
class C and class C with class D and so on...

Am I misinterpreting the manual? I suspect I am. Or is this a new
feature. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt Friedman
Web Applications Developer