I am not very sure what your question is, but "multiple inheritance"
means that a derived class can inherit (i.e., be derived from) more
than one class.

In multiple inhericance, you can have:

    A       B
    |       |
    +---+---+

Here, C is simultaneously derived from A & B. You can't have this in
single inheritance (which is what the PHP manual is saying). This means
that C can be derived from either A or B, not both.

The following is always possible, irrespective of whether multiple
inheritance is supported or not:

    +-B

    +-C

    +-D

This is three different classes (B, C and D) derived from A.

Hope this helps clarify your doubts.

--- Matt Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I had been under the impression that one could extend a class only
> once.
> That is, if I extend class A with class B I would then not be able to
> extend B again with any other class.
>
> See: http://www.php.net/manual/en/keyword.extends.php
> "An extended class is always dependent on a single base class, that
> is,
> multiple inheritance is not supported. Classes are extended using the
> keyword 'extends'."
>
> With some testing however, it appears that I can extend class B with
> class C and class C with class D and so on...
>
> Am I misinterpreting the manual? I suspect I am. Or is this a new
> feature. Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Friedman
> Web Applications Developer
> www.SpryNewMedia.com
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Please send all emails to my automatically redirecting
address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,
Harshdeep S Jawanda
[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]