well, you don't have to wade through all that html, just put an
include() in there to a file that has all the php in it. then
dreamweaver should leave it alone.

really if they don't want to chop the files up into header/footer
that shouldn't bother you, it makes their job harder since they have
to make changes to hundreds of files instead of one, but the dynamic
stuff will still all be in one file that gets include'd a hundred
times.

- Mark