At 12:16 PM 12/23/2001 -0800, Ben Ocean wrote:
>Hi;
>I get this error when I try to restart Apache:
>
>Syntax error on line 236 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
>Cannot load /etc/httpd/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
>/etc/httpd/libexec/libphp4.so
>
>The above file does, of course, exist. I'm running RH71 i386 with MySQL
>and PHP installed from source files. Here's my config script:
>
>./configure --with-apxs=/etc/httpd/bin/apxs --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
>--with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos --with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap
>
>So, what gives? I've googled this one and it appears there's a lot of
>folks with this question unanswered!

 From the PHP INSTALL file:

<quote>
Note 3!  If you are on Linux and have installed shared libraries, make
sure the location of these shared libraries are listed in your
/etc/ld.so.conf file.  For example, if you have:

   /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so

Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf contains:

   /usr/local/lib/mysql

Then run ldconfig.
</quote>

Do the above and this should take care of it.