Hi all

I have been trying to use PEAR and have come to a standstill.

The following:

<?php

require_once ("HTML/Page.php");

/* PAGE SETUP */
  $p = new HTML_Page();
  $p->setCache("true");
  echo "TEST 1";
  //$p->toHtml();
  echo "TEST 2";
 // $p->setTitle("Jobsite Page");

  $p->display();

require_once ("HTML/Form.php");

 /*This is where the class is initialised */
 $f = new HTML_Form( 'test.php', "POST", "form", "harry.php" );
 /* This is the first button and it is for text entry
    the following variables are set in order
    $name $title $default $size */

        $f->addText( "textname" , "Username" , "1" , 30 );

 /* This is the second two buttons and it is for semi secure
    entry of text the  following variables are set in order
    $name $title $default $size */
        $f->addPassword( "passname" , "Password" , 1 , 30 );

        $f->addCheckbox( "checkname" , "Yes or No",  30 );

        $f->addTextarea( "textareaname" , "Text Area" ,"" , 60 , 3 );

        $f->addSubmit();

        $f->addReset();

        /* I am not sure as to what the parameters are meant to be
        for this but this is as far as I got will try again later.
        It produces the first error in this code*/

        //$f->addSelect( "passname" , "Select" , "none"  ); //, "none"  , 3
 , 5

, true, "" );

        /* From what I can see the function DisplayRadioRow is missing for
        addRAdio function */

        //$f->addRadio( "passname" , "Select"  , "", ""  ); //, "none"  , 3
 , 5

, true, "" );

        $f->end();
        $f->display();

?>

Produces the following error:

 TEST 1TEST 2
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /var/www/html/website/jobix/php_test/test_form.php:4) in
/usr/share/php/HTML/Page.php on line 136

Could anyone point me to a good PEAR tutorial with lots of examples. Google
produces lots of them but they are all  lacking in examples for forms,
tables etc. I am new so I am probably looking at the wrong place. I am
reading the source to learn it but this error has shown me how little I
know about it. The above example is me going through the source trying to
build a standard web page with all the relevant headers etc.

Any help would be much appreciated
--

Harry Jackson

21
"Slang is a language that rolls up its sleeves and goes to wrork."
Carl Sandbury.