On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:39:21 +0800, you wrote:

>On Friday 18 January 2002 02:36, Floyd Baker wrote:
>
>> The thing is, I *was* using GET in the refresh line and I guess I
>> wasn't saying that.  Moreover I want to pass passwords in the same
>> transfer but obviously letting them show up in the url is not cool...
>
>If I understand you correctly you're trying to pass variables via the url
>(GET), and at the same via a form (POST)? If so, then I'm afraid that's
>impossible.

>> My question should be more like, how can one pass variables in a way
>> that doesn't use a form but is still secure?
>
>I'm presuming that you don't want to use a form because you need the META tag
>refresh thing. If by 'secure' you mean that it's not visible on the url then
>you *could* use a form. Just use a bit of Javascript to automatically submit
>the form.

Yes.  I was using the url to pass variables without a form.

It looks like the javascript idea would cover that now that you remind
me.  I've used it before to refresh two frames at once.

But even so I'd rather not go that way if at all possible.  I'd like
to stay within php's ability.

Not knowing what I'm talking about for sure but is there no way of
putting a variable into the 'post' status or condition, prior to being
redirected, without actually using a form?

Thanks for the idea though.  It'll work if nothing else. :-)

Floyd