Kunal Jhunjhunwala wrote:

> Hey
> Does anybody know if its wise to use eval() ? I know Vbulletin uses it.. but
> there is something about it I just cant digest.. it seems to be a very
> powerfull function which can be very easily exploited... anyone else have
> any thoughts?
> Regards,
> Kunal

load and running eval() to run the code isn't the most efficient way to
do it.
Then running eval() inside a loop on that code isn't efficient either.

I think eval() is used this way by some people because they don't know
how to write files using php propely. So instead they just put it in a
database. You also completely miss out on getting the benefits of one of
the different php caching products.
For me a database is for storing data - not php code.
Vbulletin as an example of complete overuse of eval().