Hi,

A little trick I did to get the text from a textbox in a form
( for user comments ) without the user having to submit it was to
use javascript to append the textbox contents to a url ( GET METHOD )
when the user clicked on a link, which pointed to a redirect script
which extracted the textbox contents then redirected the user to the
link requested. Hopefull this will give you some ideas.

[page.html]

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
function modifyurl (theurl,textvar,thepagename) {
           // do validation here on textvar, textvalue, etc. then proceed
with:
           theurl.href="redirect_script.php?requestedpage=" + thepagename +
"&textvalue=" + escape(textvar);
}
// -->
</script>

<form name="thetextform" onSubmit="return false;">
<input type="text" name="textvariable" size=30 maxlength=45>
</form>

thetextform.textvariable.value, 'another_page')">

[redirect_script.php]

...and here on the redirect page I would do validation of the
variables/form_contents etc.,
insert it into a db, and then redirect:

<?

switch ($requestedpage) {