> Hi all,
>
> I would like to ask my experienced friends here if its possible to port a
> script made for linux to run in windows IIS. I've been trying to make linux
> scripts run on my server and some of them do and some don't. I also notice
> that the problem relies how Linux and Windows refer to firectories.
>
> Linux Ex.
> $base_dir = "/home/somescript/"
>
> Windows Ex.
> $base_dir = "C:\home\somescript"
>
> Now. My question is... Is there any way to use script made for Linux in
> Windows? If YES what have to be done in order to make it to work?
>
> Thank you,
> Andre

    Well, that depends on the script greatly.  Both Win32 and Linux have
    difference sets of functions, and features.  Issues such as relative
    path's are easy enough to solve, however, it would greatly depend on
    what other features the piece of code use.

    In most cases, it is possible to port a script from Win32 to
    Linux, and vice-versa, with a few hours of hair-pulling and a little
    bit of luck...  But then again, this question depends on the
    application.

    -Sterling

I wish I may, I wish I might, GIMME STUFF!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/wishlist/E7I1IWUJDPB4/
:)))