I have form I am working with and trying to add some PHP processing to the
form's contents.

The form is a html template used by a CGI script.

So, instead of having a 'submit' button for the form's content, there is a
GIF.  The CGI apparently reads the GIF as a button to submit the form's
content and move on.

How would I go about getting php to recognize this GIF as such?  Typically
for forms I use:

if ($submit) { blah, blah, blah }

Would I use if ($gifname)? Would the the GIF's name be the ALT tag?  Or am I
going to have to sift through the arcane CGI to find some action?

Can I make the PHP come to life using the ACTION section of the form (which
only refers to the CGI right now)?

Thanks,

-Mike