I assume that you are doing something like this for your image:

<input type="image" src="path/to/image/image.gif" border="0" name="myimage">

Given that, PHP gives you $myimage_x and $myimage_y which correspond to the
X and Y coordinates that were clicked on the image from the user.

So on the page that your form submits to, you can do the following:

if (isset($myimage_x) || isset($myimage_y)) {
    // do something
}

If the image was clicked, this will submit your form, and both $myimage_x
and $myimage_y will be set.

HTH

Sam Masiello
Software Quality Assurance Engineer