On Thursday, March 14, 2002, at 05:03  PM, Jan Rademaker wrote:

> I think what Edward means is that you can't pass parameters to an
> included
> file, like include("some.inc?var=value");
> That's true, at least for local
> files. include("http://remotesite/some.php?var=value";) will work, as
> long
> as remotesite has php installed, of course.

yes, a very clean way to do it (that I've used successfully) is
something like:

$current_page = "User Login";
if ($badlogin) {
    header("Location: http://domain.com/~eprice/badlogin.php?errormsg="; .
$current_page);
}

This cleanly separates the string from the variable, but they are
concatenated before being passed as an argument to the header()
function.  This passes the name of the script as a querystring variable
called $_GET['errormsg'], so that the receiving script can take some
action based on where the user was sent from.

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp