I mean any time you hear the word CGI it is rarely referring to PHP, always
Perl (My most comfortable Web language).  You'd think that CGI only refers
to Perl.

If you goto a site and download scripts under category CGI you would be
downloading Perl scripts, PHP has its own category.

Should CGI still mainly Perl even though PHP is somewhat easier, quicker
thus easier suited for CGI.

I think the meaning of CGI is quite blured.
Anyone else think so?