maybe the reporting of warning is turn off for the php3 installation, but
turned on for the php4 installation.

-----Original Message-----
From: kip [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 12:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Warning: Undefined variable

Hi,

As i know we don't need to define a variable before in PHP. But i have a
very strange case. In my server, i hosted a PHP website. When i update the
server from PHP3 to PHP4, problems came out. Most of the php pages didn't
work and display many warnings like that :
"Warning: Undefined variable: variable_name". In fact, nobody has changed
the code and all of the pages are working property in PHP3 server. So, does
anyone know what happen? I also contact the hosting company, but they said
that everything is working fine and they don't know what problem is it.
Thats why i have no idea how to correct it.

Thanks.
Kenny