From: Miguel Cruz
To: Julian
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] CRONTAB

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Julian wrote:
> I am attempting execute automatically an script PHP, all the days at a
> certain hour.
>
> I configured the cron to executes it, but when it is executed, instead of
> working, I receive an email in
> my main account where say:
>
> /home/vipteam/public_html/distribuidor/mailf.php: echoNo tinterrumpir:
> command not found

If you are running from cron, you need to tell it to use the php
interpreter.

So either tell it in your crontab entry with something like:

  0 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php /blah/blah/mailf.php

Or channel it through your web server with something like this:

  0 * * * * /usr/bin/lynx http://127.0.0.1/distribuidor/mailf.php

Or put a comment in the first line of your PHP file that tells the shell
to use PHP to run it:

  #!/usr/local/bin/php

All of these paths are samples; you'll need to figure out where these
things are on your system.

miguel