I'm running PHP 4.1.2 + Apache 1.3.23 + PostgreSQL 7.2.

I've tried reverting back to globals=on, and same problem. Yet, earlier in
another script I used $sfname = $_GET['sfname']; to get the value of sfname
-- now, it won't work. I'm truly stumped -- I don't know whether it's my
code? [I beginning to think it isn't because of the flakiness of the php.ini
failing to report changes accurately]

I've dumped PHP and re-installed it, but the same problem persists.

Now for the big question -- what's wrong with globals=on anyway? Eventually
the site will be public, and probably the host won't allow globals on, but
what's the security risk?

You say $_SESSION[] and $_POST[] are always on -- even if globals are on?
Can I verify what all the variables in the array are? Where would I look? By
the look of things, I've got a major problem -- but I don't know where to
look.

Help? Please?

Tia,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet: http://www.webhart.net/csrb/