> For each loop, I want to add 20 to $i, so after the first
> iteration, I have
> 21, then 41, 61, etc. I've tried $i+20, $i + 20, I've tried looking in the
> manual, but I assume this is some C-type function, and I'm not
> familiar with
> C!

Well this is a bit of a detour from the other suggestions however since you
haven't gotten a successful solution yet how about

for ($i=1; $i<=$num_pages; $i++) {
        $number = ($i * 20) + 1;
        // print stuff here
        }

The results would be $number = 21 on first run, then 41, then 61 etc (which
I believe is what you are looking for).  Note the parenthesis in the $number
line are not needed however I typically code with them as it makes it easier
to understand the code with less though =)

Sincerely,

Craig Vincent