Rick, what exactly do you mean by using
serialization without sessions?  how do you do
that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Baskett
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: May 18, 2002 4:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; PHP General
Subject: Re: [PHP] passing ARRAYs through GET
strings

Hey no problem.. That's what this list is for..
Asking questions and
answering them :)

I just use sessions to pass a lot of variables to
a lot of pages.. Or some
variables to a lot of pages.. Usually for site
authorization that's about
it.  When I just want to pass arrays to another
page, I use serialization,
it's the fastest easiest way in my opinion and you
donšt have to mess with
sessions since in my opinion it would be overkill
:)

Rick

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes.
There's just too much
fraternizing with the enemy. - Henry Kissinger

> From: "Navid Y." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:43:27 -0500
> To: "'PHP General'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: [PHP] passing ARRAYs through GET
strings

> Well Rick,
>
> Let's say I had a form with a text box and an
textarea box. The text box
> won't contain that many strings, but the
textarea box can contain
> thousands of characters, if the user wished to
write that much. Both of
> the fields will be contained in a single array.
If I send this array
> through a GET string, it will only pass 255
characters through to the
cut out of the picture as
> if it never existed. Then, I thought maybe
sessions would do the trick,
> and it does a great job so far. So now I'm stuck
with the idea that
> using sessions to pass arrays, in the particular
situation, would be the
> best thing to do. But, out of curiousity, I
wanted to know how other
> people sent their arrays back and forth from one
page to another. That's
> all  :)   Thanks for your patience, I really
appreciate it.