From: Justin French [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 12:44 PM
To: Balaji Ankem
Subject: Re: [PHP] Problem with postfield elements

on 13/06/02 4:50 PM, Balaji Ankem ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Every time I have to refer like this $_POST['emp_id']. Can't I refer
> as $emp_id ?

Yes, partly.

1. you can always turn register globals back ON, but there is a reason
(security) why they are now off by default.  In short, if you know WHERE
the var is coming from (eg POST), things should be more secure.  (eg, if
I can do something like foo.php?is_user=yes on your URL, it might have
bad consequences, but if you ONLY trust a $_COOKIE['is_user'], then the
script is already more secure.

2. at the top of the script, you can put in $emp_id = $_POST['emp_id'];

Regards,

Justin French

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.