Your second method should work, but it's dependent on what your form
looks like and how your table was created. You obviously have a key set
for this column and you're trying to insert the same value twice, which
makes an error.

Show us what your form looks like, not the whole thing, just for the
checkboxes. Also, what does your CREATE TABLE look like for the table
your trying to insert this data into?

---John Holmes...