> The only data returned by a browser in a "Cookie" header is the
> name/value pairs. So, your example would not pose a threat of any
sort.
> The "Referer" and "User-Agent" are separate headers, but like all data
> from the client, they should also not be trusted.
>
> If you have magic quotes enabled, you're probably safe. It is actually
> best not to just addslashes() again "to be sure" for any data. Rather,
> echo the value of your data to the screen during development, and test
> to be sure that your single quotes are escaped like you think they
> should be.

Exactly... the name would be "tececo_stats" and the value would be
"bad_data','bad_time','bad_host','bad_referrer','bad_agent')#"

If slashes are not getting added to that data, either by magic quotes or
by addslashes(), then he's open to getting bad data inserted into his
table...

If magic_quotes_gpc is ON, then you're fine...

---John Holmes...