works for me on win2k
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Wong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] need to change $ char in string

On Sunday 30 June 2002 01:24, Beverly Steiner wrote:

> Thanx for your suggestion but I tried it and it didn't work.  I'm not sure
> if it matters, but this running on NT.

Not sure whether NT has anything to do with it but it works for me :-)

If you can't get the following code to work then you might want to check
whether it is a known bug (http://bugs.php.net).

<?
$test_string = '1.2$General/ms1.zip';
$new_string = preg_replace("/\\$/", "%", $test_string);
echo "new_string is $new_string";
?>

But as someone has pointed out, you should be using single-quotes to prevent
unwanted/unexpected variable expansion:

$new_string = preg_replace('/\$/', '%', $test_string);

/*
All great discoveries are made by mistake.
-- Young
*/