It sort of works now.

Here is my script so far:

<?
$file = strtolower($_GET['filename']);
$file_split = explode(".", $file);
// The number of dots is counted in case a file has two or more dots
if($file_split[1] == 'pdf'){
header("Content-type: application/pdf");
} elseif($file_split[1] == 'xls') {
header ("Content-type: application/msexcel");
} elseif($file_split[1] == 'zip') {
header ("Content-type: application/zip");
}
header ("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$file" );

readfile($file);

?>

The problem is that with excel files it asks me if I want to download twice.
Also it opens in excel not IE. Sometimes PDFs open in IE sometimes the
don't.  What is wrong?

Also would I be better of collecting my stats then using a header to
re-direct to the right file(Rather than outputting it through a script)?

--
JJ Harrison
[EMAIL PROTECTED]