As you know, PHP can't do the work becuase it is on the server side, not hte
client side.  Meaning, when the server side is finish, all done, then it go
directly to the client side (web browser).  If you want PHP to do something
then you'll have to do something to the webpage, like a click button or
something to send it back to the server side.  So, that's where Javascript
come into play.  Javascript is the client side and it can detect things for
you and do the work for you.  Hope that help!

FletchSOD

57A1618E7109D311A97D0008C7EBB3A1010C81F0@KITCHENER">news:57A1618E7109D311A97D0008C7EBB3A1010C81F0@KITCHENER...

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/ecmascript/quickref/evhan_onsubmit.html