Привет!

Scott Fletcher wrote:
> I'm pretty used to installing OpenSSL, Mod_SSL, Mcrypt, cURL, PHP and Apache
> with all of them in tar.gz files.  Now I'm experiementing it on the Linux
> and mySQL.  Never tried it on both Linux and mySQL before.

In my very limited Linux experience I found out that if you just ignore
the RPMs and install the tarballs in instead everything works great.
It's what I usually do.

If you cannot avoid using RPMs you might want to check for the --force
option. But IMHO it's stupid to waste the solid experience you already have.

Пока
Альберто
Киев

LoRd, CaN yOu HeAr Me, LiKe I'm HeArInG yOu?
lOrD i'M sHiNiNg...
YoU kNoW I AlMoSt LoSt My MiNd, BuT nOw I'm HoMe AnD fReE
tHe TeSt, YeS iT iS
ThE tEsT, yEs It Is
tHe TeSt, YeS iT iS
ThE tEsT, yEs It Is.......