> I bought a web host service from a company named easyspace.com.  I
have
> tried to ask them this question many times but until now there is no
> response from them at all.
>   According to the security issue of placing password in script I
brought
> up
> days ago, some one on this news group suggested me to place such
script in
> directory above %public_html directory.  The problem is I do not know
how
> access such directory.  Is it because the service I bought does not
allow
> me
> to do it? or if it is accessible, how to do it?

Just use include() or require() to "include" the file into your script.
You can provide a full path to the file (above the web root) or use a
relative path according to the file that's doing the including. Say you
using a script in your webroot and you want to include a db.php file
that's in an include/ directory above your web root. You can use:

include("/home/full/path/to/your/dir/include/db.php");

Or

include("../include/db.php");

---John Holmes...