Mysql 4 can cache queries. You can try using temporary tables, so you can
break up joins.

  Also, perhaps making a "rawdata" table placeholder. Put a timestamp field
on your columns. Make the query and store somewhere the query itself, the
results and the time they were last modified. Then when the next query
comes, compare if one already exists on the database. If so, only grab the
"rawdata", ie, the previous results.

  And read Mysql's manual section about optimization if you haven't done so
already, since it has important tips.

--
Julio Nobrega
Pode acessar:

"Richard Baskett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu na mensagem