maybe it would be easier to show you the part of code I'm using,

echo $HTTP_POST_FILES['uploadFile']['size'] . "::".
$HTTP_POST_FILES['uploadFile']['name']['type'] . "::";
echo $HTTP_POST_FILES['uploadFile']['name'] . "::".
$HTTP_POST_FILES['uploadFile']['tmp_name'];
*/
?>
<?php
/** first check that we have a name for the file: */
if($_POST['fileName'] == ""){
    echo "You have to name the file before you can upload it!";
    exit();
}
/** Check for the size of the file*/
if($_FILES['uploadFile']['size'] == 0){
    echo "File empty...";
    exit();
}
/** Check for the type of the image : only allow jpeg's */
if($_FILES['uploadFile']['name']['type']!="image/jpeg"){
    echo "You can only upload jpg images.";
    exit();
}
The one above is the one I'm having problems with, it should work by looking
at it, it all makes sense, but it won't for some strange reason. I heard
there is a difference in browsers to get it to work at time, so I tried
using pjpeg instead and got the same result. If I can't get this to work
somehow then I will be trying your method Oscar, which just means I'll have
to change the code for it all, no big deal it's not much of a change anyhow,
if it was pages upon pages then it would be lol.
Thanks for all your help guys, and the security issue I never even realized,
so I guess I'll have to go hunting for away to resolve that too if I'm going
to use it for all users instead of administration uploading.
Your help is much appreciated
Sam