Hi,

Tuesday, July 30, 2002, 3:52:23 AM, you wrote:
D> maybe it would be easier to show you the part of code I'm using,

D> }
D> /** Check for the type of the image : only allow jpeg's */
D> if($_FILES['uploadFile']['name']['type']!="image/jpeg"){
D>     echo "You can only upload jpg images.";
D>     exit();
D> }
D> The one above is the one I'm having problems with, it should work by looking
D> at it, it all makes sense, but it won't for some strange reason. I heard
D> there is a difference in browsers to get it to work at time, so I tried
D> using pjpeg instead and got the same result. If I can't get this to work
D> somehow then I will be trying your method Oscar, which just means I'll have
D> to change the code for it all, no big deal it's not much of a change anyhow,
D> if it was pages upon pages then it would be lol.
D> Thanks for all your help guys, and the security issue I never even realized,
D> so I guess I'll have to go hunting for away to resolve that too if I'm going
D> to use it for all users instead of administration uploading.
D> Your help is much appreciated
D> Sam
Try it this way, it will check if it is a jpeg and it has a horizontal
and vertical size so you can be pretty sure it is an image file.
(you do not need the gd package for getimagesize())

/** Check for the type of the image : only allow jpeg's */
$im = getimagesize($_FILES['uploadFile');
if(!($im[2] == 2 && $im[0] > 0 && $im[1] > 0)){
    echo "You can only upload jpg images.";
    exit();

regards,
Tom