Yes, this is way OT....

you can refer back to the original window with

opener

(or it may me window.opener)

I used it once to change the location of the parent window with something
like:

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
<!--
function blah(url,close)
  {
  opener.location = url;
  window.close();
  }
// -->
</SCRIPT>

<A HREF="javascript:blah('something_else.html');">show me something else</A>

I'm thinking opener.location.reload() or opener.location.reload(1) or
opener.location.replace('my_url') might do the same job, but if you know
what URL the script should refresh to (ie, load the same URL again), then
the function above should work as is.

Justin French