artist
id,name

songs
id,artist_id,title,writers

cds
id, title

songs_to_cds
cd_id, song_id, track_no

The idea being that since a song can appear on more than one CD by a given
artist, the table songs_to_cds relates them.

Anyhoo, on the form where the user enters in a new CD, I'm presenting 20
select boxes with all songs related to the current artist.  In the case of 1
artist, they have 120+ songs.

Needless to say, 120 songs x an average of maybe 30 characters in the title
x 20 drop-down selects with all the HTML code around them == one really
overweight HTML page -- 100k currently!!!  In the case of a user having to
enter in all the tracks for 60 CDs, we're talking about a lot of waiting
around for pages to come down the modem and render.

I guess what i'm after is some suggestions on how I can allow a user to
relate up to 20 songs IN TRACK# ORDER to a CD via a HTML page...

Any suggestions welcome :)

Justin French