Sorry. Since you were looking to use <br>, I thought you were creating
HTML content. But then, line feeds are ignored in HTML so then you
wouldn't have a problem with them. I should have thought of that.

How are you reading the file? The key being that you said you read it
"line by line". Once you read a line, could you just grab the first
length-1 characters and then do your parsing on that?

--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect