You should always use a proper full URL in the Location header. Try that
first.

header("Location:
http://192.168.254.14/show_products_html.php?&maker_name=$maker_name&PHPSESSID=$PHPSESSID";);

I doubt this will solve your problem, but it is good practice anyway.

One thing that would help debug a problem like this is to try and view
the raw HTTP, because that will lend some insight as to what character
encoding the Web clients (IE and Netscape) are declaring. My guess is
that the problem lies with the POST (when you receive the maker_name
form variable), because HTTP itself has an ISO-8859-1 character encoding
by definition, so there should be no ambiguity there. Variables that are
posted are contained in the content of the HTTP message itself which is
subject to interpretation based on content encoding.

Anyway, hope that lends some insight and gives you some ideas.

Happy hacking.

Chris