Hello,

On Tuesday, September 10, 2002 1:52 PM
Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

<snip>
> The problem is that the POST variables are coming in EUC-JP (japanese)
> correctly but for some reason IE re-encodes the variable into some other
> charset (SJIS I am guessing) when requesting the new page sent in the
> Header("location: ") ...
</snip>

I just wonder how do you know that the POST variable are in EUC-JP. Did you
set this in your ini? Or, did you encode your php files in EUC-JP and you
have the directive inside <meta> tags?

I think you may want to play with these settings:

  mbstring.internal_encoding
  mbstring.http_input
  mbstring.http_output
  mbstring.detect_order

Or, you can try the "Multi-Byte String Functions" (
http://jp2.php.net/manual/en/ref.mbstring.php ) to convert from one encoding
to another. Just experiment a bit... still if nothing works, perhaps, we can
try something again later...

- E