[snip]
I'm not sure this is possible, but here's what I'd like to do:
I know that in order for a set of records from MySQL to display in
numerical order on a web page, you need to make the column type
"Integer," but here's my situation:

I'm creating a database of contracts that my organization has.
Normally, there is a dollar amount on these contracts, and I'd like to
be able to sort by that value (therefore the Integer column type).
However, we have some fee-based contracts, and I'd like a way to display
the amount as "Fee Based" even though I can't enter this in the database
because of the column type.  Is there a way in PHP to have it display
this although with some kind of if/then statement or something of that sort?

Contract A  Fee-based
Contract B      70000
Contract C       1250
Contract D      50000
[/snip]

Pseudocode

if($contract_amount == "" || $contract_amount == NULL){
   print("Fee-based");
}

HTH! Peace ...

Jay

* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003            *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                *
* New Braunfels, Texas                              *
* Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]       *
* Want to present a paper or workshop? Contact now! *