On 27 Sep 2002 at 22:09, Manuel Lemos wrote:

> Assumming that you tried the forms generation and validation class, what
> did you realize that was missing to match your needs?
>
> http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

Well that's the first thing I found and I downloaded it. It does much
more than what I want, for instance here:

>  $subscription->AddInput(array(
>   "TYPE"=>"text",
>   "NAME"=>"email",
>   "MAXLENGTH"=>100,
>   "Capitalization"=>"lowercase",
>   "ValidateAsEmail"=>1,
>   "ValidationErrorMessage"=>"It was not specified a valid e-mail
>   address"
>  ));

Those attributes already exist in the form. I create the forms on the
fly only once afterwhich they are in the hands of the designers to
manipulate. I pass back to the form a data structure that will have
something like:

missing_email
invalid_email

and the designer can check for this, lke this in smarty:

{if $error.missing_email}Yo give me email{/if}
{if $error.invalid_email}Please verify your email{/if}

and I have a script that will generated those if statements so one
doesn't need to do a lot of typing.

I don't like generating the form programmatically all the time ... I
leave that to the *view*.

I just want to pass the input data I received, the definition of the
form I'm using with this data and have the function return the 3 arrays
: good, invalid, missing. I've been very happy with this in Perl.

The formgen is very powerful, too powerful and too intrusive into the
other things I'm doing. I only need a small part of it. What I want has
nothing really to do with html forms, just data validation.

Peter