From: Chris Shiflett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 2:21 PM
To: Balaji Ankem
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Help required on cookies

Balaji Ankem wrote:

>Hi Friends,
>
>I would like to know where the cookies will be stored?

Cookies are stored on the client, either in memory or written to disk.

>If I want to print all cookies stored in my browser how can I print?

I'm going to assume this isn't really what you mean, and you want to
print all of the cookies made available to PHP. You see, as I said, the
cookies are stored on the client. If PHP, running on a remote Web site,
had access to "all cookies" stored in your browser, this would be a big
security problem, wouldn't it?

I think what you're looking for is this:

<pre>
<? print_r($_COOKIE); ?>
</pre>

>Where can I see the http response headers?? (like cookies and stuff
>)..Do I need to use any protocol analyzer?

I wrote a simple utility in PHP to help me view the HTTP communication
regardless of what Web site I'm interacting with. It basically uses the
PHP sockets extension to behave like an HTTP proxy, so that you just
configure your browser to use it as a proxy while you browse. It then
embeds the HTTP transactions into the replies (text replies only) for
convenience, so that they're just displayed at the bottom of each Web
page. You're welcome to have a look to see if it might be useful to you.

See http://protoscope.org/ for more information or
http://shiflett.org/projects/protoscope/sample.html for an example of
what it looks like when you use it.

Happy hacking.