Good grief, no!

PHP syntax may be c-*like*, but it is definitely *not* c++.  There are many
important differences (some of them very subtle) that will reach out and
bite you if you think of it as c++.

PHP is itself, a separate and distinct language, and should not be thought
of in any other clothes...!!  Its original and principal use is as a
server-side scripting language, but it now has a command-line version, and
people have even played with active-scripting and (if I've read recent
postings right!) c-embedded versions.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]