[snip]
> For example I intend to have over 4,000 different charts covering well
> over 6,000 artists and over 26,000 singles and album titles. Could
mySQL
> and PHP cope with this demand?

Yes, easily. Make sure your tables are properly indexed.

> I thought about having a table for Artists, one for Singles and then
one
> for Albums and a junction table coupling all of them together but I
> can't figure out how to do it.
>
> Has anybody got any thoughts that could help me along the way?

Table one would be the artists. Here you could store their name, age,
etc. They would be assigned an ID to relate to their albums and songs.

Artists Table:
Artist_id
Name
Age
Hometown

Table two would be an album table where you would list the albums name,
release date, etc. It would be related back to the artist of the album
by the artist_id. You wouldn't have to store number of songs here,
because you can count them out of the next table.

Album Table:
Album_id
Artist_id
Name
Release_date

This table would hold the songs off the albums and the singles. You
would use type to designate if the song is a single or off an album. If
it's off an album, then a_id would be the album_id that relates back to
the album and artist. If it's a single, then a_id would be the artist_id
of who had the single.

Song Table:
Song_id
A_id
Type
Name
Length
Lyrics

That's my ideas on how to do it. There are many ways to do it, though.

---John Holmes...