John W. Holmes wrote:

>Song Table:
>Song_id
>A_id
>Type
>Name
>Length
>Lyrics
>
>That's my ideas on how to do it. There are many ways to do it, though.

Totally agree with what John says. If the lyrics are long (as I assume
they will be) then I'd probably hive the lyrics off into a table of
their own with as many records as needed to make up one song. The song
table would then become:

Song Table:
Song_id
A_id
Type
Name
Length
Lyric_id

and have a lyrics table such as:

Lyrics Table:
Lyric_id
sequence
text

The sequence would be an incrementing number (starting at 1 for each new
lyric_id), so you could have many records per song. Index this table on
lyric_id, sequence.

Make sure in your code that you maintain integrity between tables. That
is, if you delete a record from the artists table, ensure you delete
relevant records from the others too.

Just my 2p (I'm in the UK, so not even EuroZone, yet).

HTH
Chris