Hi,
I want to write some (browser based) software that will get installed on
the client's servers, and I want it to update automatically (as in
Windows XP: new updates are downloaded and presented for install). Can
that be done with PHP? Some ideas so far (that will probably betray my
ignorance :):
- updating images will require write access that may introduce security
issues?
- keeping almost all code in a database and update that?
- or require write access to a directory outside of the web root?
- any existing approaches - apps already doing it?
- what are the limits of updates distributed this way?
- how much extra coding does this method imply?
Peter