Sorry if I'm using the wrong words - not sure of the exact terminology. Anyway, is there a way to exec() two statments in the same shell? Example:
//On win32 test machine
exec("cd somedir");
print `dir`;
//Outputs directory listing for c:\, not c:\somedir
//But is there a way to get the directory listing for somedir instead?
// I know I could do `dir c:\someidr`, but I'm doing more complex stuff than this example.

--
The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding. Any unauthorized attempt to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.