--On Tuesday, November 12, 2002 16:53:07 -0500 "Jonathan Rosenberg (Tabby's Place)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In an earlier message, Larry Rosenman [mailto:ler@;lerctr.org] said ...

How about:

That's the way the language designers did it, and
there's LOTS of PRODUCTION code out there that uses it.
Because "that's the way it is"?  Well, that's good enough for me.  I'll
never question anything else again & I trust you won't, either.
You can't change the language at this date, and still call it PHP. There is a LOT
of PHP code out there. I can question, but expecting it to change is not realistic.

 See also the precedence of PERL.
Huh?  What does the "precedence of PERL" mean?
PERL has all it's variables (scalar at any rate) prefixed with Dollar Signs.

LER
--
JR

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]