Hi there,

I wonder if someone could answer a few questions for me? First of all,
excuse my ignorance as I'm somewhat of a Linux newbie. I have installed
PHP, Apache, Mysql, etc. on Windows numerous times, but have found the
Linux installation to be more troublesome due in part (more likely in
whole) to my lack of Linux experience.

Following the instructions for setting up on PHP 4.x for Apache 1.x.x on
the URL,
http://www.e-gineer.com/instructions/install-php4x-for-apache1xx-on-linux.phtml
I installed PHP as a module under Apache. I am using JPGraph which
requires the GD graphics library, so after installing PHP with the basic
options, I decided to reinstall it with GD support. Here is what I did
to accomplish this:

In my PHP directory, I removed the config.cache file, did a 'make clean'
and recompiled as follows:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
./configure \
--with-config-file-path=/www/conf \
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.27 \
--with-png-dir=/usr/local \
--with-gd=/usr/local \
--with-zlib \
--enable-track-vars
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
This seemed to be successful!

In the Apache directory, I did a 'make clean' and and recompiled as
follows:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
./configure \
--with-layout=Apache \
--prefix=/usr/local/httpd \
--sysconfdir=/www/conf \
--enable-module=rewrite \
--enable-module=status \
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Typed 'make'
Stopped Apache
Typed 'make install'
Started Apache

This also seemed to be successful.

However, phpinfo() generates information from the previous install. The
configure command generated by phpinfo() is
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 './configure' '--with-config-file-path=/www/conf'
'--with-apache=../apache_1.3.27' '--enable-track-vars'
And the build date show the time/date when I built it yesterday.

Can anyone suggest a reason for this? Is there something I am doing
wrong?

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

- Best regards,
Lee Reilly