Is there an actual way to store the data in a temporary table as you go
through the multi-page form and then extract that data from the temporary
storage from the DB App and either process the data or store it in a
permanent place?

I have never done this before, but maybe someone else has? Any tips on how
to do this, what "type(s)" of DB tables are required to do this and can you
give me an url to help me research it further?

I think this would be a great alternative to the sessions solution because
it doesn't work really well with some PHP error handling that you need to do
for the forms. You have to register and unregister variables throughout the
form and it gets hard to keep track of when you have so many forms and field
variables to deal with. With a temporary DB table, I can just insert any
data that has been checked for errors and then not have to worry about
passing them back and forth until the end of the application when I actually
need to do something with them.

- Nilaab