I had something similar in mind.  Thanks for your input...

Tom Rogers wrote:

Hi,

GS> Ive just been getting myself deep into using sessions.
GS> Sessions are working as it should except for one condition.
GS> Say I log into the site, and the session is started, and I don't do GS> anything for the next 30 mins, then go back to the site.
GS> Im temporarily logged out, but because the session cookie is still good, GS> the next page load logs me back in.
GS> How do the people who use sessions handle this type of scenario??

GS> Thanks for any insight you may provide...

GS> -- GS> Gerard Samuel
GS> http://www.trini0.org:81/
GS> http://dev.trini0.org:81/

Do your own session timing by storing a last access time in sessions and check
the duration yourself, if it is over the timeout you want delete the session
data and start again. That way the cookie is ok but won't point to any old data.

--
Gerard Samuel
http://www.trini0.org:81/