> Ive just been getting myself deep into using sessions.
> Sessions are working as it should except for one condition.
> Say I log into the site, and the session is started, and I don't do
> anything for the next 30 mins, then go back to the site.
> Im temporarily logged out, but because the session cookie is still
good,
> the next page load logs me back in.
> How do the people who use sessions handle this type of scenario??

Whether your logged back in or not is dependant on your program. Once
you are gone for over X minutes, your session file is deleted. So, even
though the cookie is still good, the session will not have any data.
What's usually done is to check for a certain session value, like
$_SESSION['logged_in'] and if it's present, then continue, otherwise
force the user to log back in again.

---John Holmes...