Sean Malloy wrote:
I see a lot of these type of answers on the list at the moment.

I'm sick of receiving smart ass answers from people. It wastes my time, and
my bandwidth.

Either answer the fucking question, even if it hasn't been asked correctly,
or don't reply at all.

Given you are a 'PHP Professional' John, I would expect a little more from
you.

I thought Johns response was humorous and to the point ...

John has shown a tremendous willingness to help people on this list - and I can undertsand him getting frustrated by the number of unclear questions...

I sometimes read this list and see if there is anything I can give back to the community ...

..but often give up trying to find questions I can answer in amongst the cryptic posts some people seem to think are a way of asking for help.

I think the bandwidth wasters are those who ask questions poorly (it takes several follow up mails to find out what the question was) and those who don't have a qucik look at the archives first (is someone puuting together an FAQ ?)

--

Sean