Thanks a lot, I think that will be the trick, but I'm still having a bit of a problem.

Here's my scenario:

class mainReplace{

function feedLinks(){
ob_start();
include('links.php');
$file = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
return $file;

$replace = new mainReplace;

$read = str_replace('<!--feedLinks--!>', $replace->feedLinks(), $read);
print $read;

Unfortunately, this is not printing the results of the file include where is should have been replaced. If, however, I say:
print $replace->feedLinks()
it prints out the results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Jesse Lawrence

J Smith wrote:
I'd recommend looking at the output buffering functions. Something like this would probably work...

ob_start();
include("links.php");
$file = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();

The result of parsing and executing links.php will be in $file. Do with it what you will.

Jesse wrote:

Hello all,

I'm trying to replace a tag with an include in a template scenario.  For
 example:

str_replace("<!--linkTag--!>", include "links.php", $string);

This obviously doesn't work, but I'm wondering if anybody knows of a
good way to do this.

Thanks a bunch,

Jesse Lawrence